Jennifer Hetherington – Accredited Family Law Specialist
Jennifer Hetherington is a multi award winning Brisbane family lawyer with over 20 years experience in the legal profession. She has been an Accredited Family Law Specialist for the last 12 years.
Jennifer believes court should be your place of last resort in family law cases. She recommends you use options to divorce without court, like mediation or collaborative law. So, you know she will avoid creating conflict.
Jennifer is first and foremost a strategist. She will work with you to develop a pathway to achieve your goals for your future for yourself and your family.
- Highest graduate 2005 Queensland Law Society Family Law Specialist Accreditation program
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Over 300 hours of training in mediation and collaborative law
- Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution Practice with the College of Law
Jennifer Hetherington is frequently called on to present and chair presentations and seminars for the Queensland Law Society and has presented at numerous international conferences. She is regularly reported in the media in relation to family law issues and has featured in The Huffington Post.
Memberships and board roles
- Secretary Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners
- Board member International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP)
- Member Queensland Law Society Family Law Committee
- Member various committees Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Former Councillor Queensland Law Society
- Past Committee member Family Law Practitioners Association
- Past member Queensland Law Society Specialist Accreditation Board
- Family Law Residential 2017 Planning Committee
Volunteering and charity
- Past Chair of Mummy’s Wish, a charity providing practical support whilst Mums of young children are having cancer treatment
- Volunteer Women ‘s Legal Service
- Past member Karalee Community Association after the 2011 floods devastated her area
Jennifer Hetherington and Hetherington Family Law support a number of charities including: